Have you ever noticed that those selfies you keep trying to take are not turning out? Have you ever wished that your arms were longer so that you could extend them out and get a better selfie? Then this article is for you.
Selfie sticks are all the rage of late and with good reason. The iPhone attaches to the stick in a secure holder and you then extend the stick and snap the selfie.
Sounds simple doesn’t it? Lets take a look at some of the pros and cons here.
- You can quickly and easily attach your iPhone to the selfie stick.
- Your selfies will be easier to take from a distance.
- Selfies will be more crisp and clear.
- Selfies are more likely to turn out without showing those embarrassing flaws that you don’t want everyone to notice.
- Group selfies are much easier to take with a selfie stick.
- They come in a variety of colors sure to please anyones favorite color scheme.
- Some varieties will actually be able to stick to a wall making it even easier as you don’t have to hold the selfie stick.
- Once you get the hang of selfie sticks you can begin taking pictures like a pro.
- Lightweight and portable. This is great for hikers and tourists.
- Depending upon the specific model you select and the specific manufacturer they can be a bit pricey.
- The flexible rubber that surrounds the iPhone can sometimes slip off. If you don’t have it on there the phone could drop and break and thus cost you your iPhone.
- Some models of the selfie stick are more bendable than others and could bend causing pictures to appear out of focus or alignment.
- Some models do not fit the iPhone as securely as other models do therefore it may be hit and miss to get one that works really well with your iPhone.
- Although some selfie sticks are shown with additional features, these additional features usually cost more money and are considered accessories.
- They do not come with a bluetooth so that you can readily take the picture. However, there are some apps with timers and the like that can be purchased or in some cases free that can help with this issue.
- They do not fit all iPhone models equally and some selfie sticks must be modified in order to keep the iPhone from falling out of the holder.
- There have been reports that the pole or stick breaks if it is used too frequently. This is not cost effective if your’e on a tight budget and cannot afford to replace it frequently.